Dear brands: welcome to the digital world. That new space in which each and every one of you has to develop and fight. This could be a great way to present the new landscape to anyone. A panorama in which companies of all types, sectors, origins, and industries must be present.
What is the main objective? To increase sales of your product or service. Therefore, from Kala Agency, experts in digital world projects, we have prepared this article in which we will try to explain how to generate leads, what is that same concept, and how to convert them into customers. In short, we will try to solve the most common doubts about how to attract customers and get sales online. Will you join us?
What Is a Lead? A Key Factor in Any Marketing Strategy
Before knowing how to generate leads, let’s go to the beginning of everything for those inexperienced or for those who are not yet adapted to the digital world. Let’s start with something as basic as defining what a lead is. Literally, lead means to direct, although, if we noun it, we could say that it is “directed”.
In digital market web designs, lead is a very common term among agencies and professionals that are used to refer to a potential customer of a brand. As it happens in this sector very often, we are talking about one of the many anglicisms that have been adopted and established. And, thinking about it, it makes sense that it comes from the verb to direct since it refers to how we capture and channel the user to end up turning him into a customer.
Even so, when it comes to defining it, each brand will establish what it considers a lead. In fact, it is likely that we will find organizations that consider a lead to be a user who has shown interest at some point, while others categorize as a lead those customers who leave their data or information.
The truth is that, regardless of how they are considered, capturing them is one of the main drivers and objectives for any brand. Therefore, how to generate leads is one of the most worked techniques, specifically within inbound marketing, and one of the most taken into account in digital marketing plans.
Fundamental for Inbound Marketing
And now that we have mentioned inbound marketing, let’s discuss its importance for any brand. We are talking about a methodology that, using non-intrusive advertising, content, and marketing techniques, has as its main objective to capture leads and then convert them.
In fact, to make us aware of the relevance of inbound marketing, these are some tangible facts and benefits it offers:
- It increases the number of visits to the company’s website and other company profiles or spaces.
- Attracts new contacts and/or those who have already visited the brand’s website.
- Increases the number of registrations of data and information for the brand in different spaces or through various channels (organic traffic).
In other words, in general, inbound marketing seeks to increase the number of leads for any brand. Therefore, if you want to know how to generate more leads, you must be clear about your digital marketing strategy in general and inbound marketing in particular.
The Types of Leads That Currently Exist
So far we have defined what leads are. We have also taken the opportunity to make clear the importance of this anglicism in any digital planning. Now, let’s go a little further and list the types of leads that exist:
As we said, the lead depends on what each brand considers. That is, the point in the sales funnel or buying process in which each company stipulates that it is already a lead (the mere visitor of a landing page, the one who leaves their data and subscribes to a newsletter, the one who ends up buying the product or service). Based on this, the following is established:
- The general lead: the user who leaves his data for something, but who is still far from concluding or executing the purchase process.
- The MQL lead (Marketing Qualified Lead): visitors who have consumed some of our content at another time or who have already visited and consulted us previously.
- The SQL lead or Sales Qualified Lead (another anglicism from Sales Qualified Lead): users who are already prepared to purchase the product or service. In other words, they have already gone through the sales funnel.
Of these three types of leads, the last two are what is considered in digital market web designs as quality or qualified leads. So, if you are thinking or looking for how to generate quality leads, after having detailed what each one is, we recommend you consider differentiated plans and strategies.
Other Related Concepts to Take Into Account
On the other hand, it is also common that, if we do not know much about online marketing or digital business, we find unfamiliar concepts. Likewise, it is likely that you have found information or, rather, terms related to how to get leads that are even semantically similar.
We are talking, for example, about concepts such as lead magnet, lead nurturing or lead scoring. All of them are fundamental to acquiring leads in any digital marketing strategy:
The lead magnet is the term we use to refer to the content we offer to the audience and potential customers in exchange for data or information.
In addition, this content usually provides value, is of quality, and is free of charge. For example, we can consider as lead magnets the classic guides or downloadable digital tools that many brands offer in exchange for the user leaving their email address, phone number, name, etcetera.
Literally, lead nurturing means contact nurturing. Why? For the simple reason that it is a marketing term that refers to the whole process of accompaniment the lead until it acquires the product and turns it into a sale.
That is to say, those steps are from the moment they get to know us as a brand until they become a customer. Therefore, it is a fundamental concept and very important to take into account if you are thinking about how to convert leads into customers.
Lead scoring, as its name suggests, is a technique for measuring and scoring leads. Through this technique it is possible to identify and categorize leads according to how close they are to becoming a conversion and, based on this, prioritize some over others.
How to generate leads for my brand?
Now that we have clarified the meaning of leads, what types exist, and what part of digital marketing they fall under, let’s answer another big question: how to generate leads for my brand?
The channels offered by the digital world are numerous. And not only that, but as time goes by, they are evolving rapidly and offering more possibilities.
If we want to get more leads, we will have to do it through our website, with the blog, or through interactions through, for example, newsletters or our social networks profiles.
So, these are the general actions to get leads that are currently most used, apart from those that we can carry out offline:
- Subscribing to newsletters or other types of proprietary content via email. A classic that many brands use today.
- Offering downloadable content such as guides, ebooks, or interactive tools that can be downloaded, redundantly, in specific landing pages, forms, pop-ups, or similar spaces. In addition, these contents can also be co-branded, i.e. elaborated jointly with other brands with which you will also, in this way, share an audience.
- Sweepstakes and contests on social networks. Through this technique, you can get a lot of data from a very large audience. In turn, offering videos on YouTube could be categorized within this type of action.
- Paid advertising campaigns, both in Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Buying databases or sharing them with other brands to use the leads they have generated.
At the same time, as we said, if we are developing a commercial strategy to capture leads, we should not discard offline actions.
We are talking, for example, about advertising in conventional media (TV, radio, press), street marketing, the organization of events (which, in turn, has also been digitized with webinars and online fairs), phone calls, etcetera.
However, one of the advantages of digital marketing is that it is much cheaper than “traditional marketing”. Therefore, to optimize time and money, we must be clear about which digital channels we are interested in to capture leads depending on the product and the resources we have available.
Several Tips on How to Convert Leads Into Customers
Now, once we have decided which channels we want to use to get leads, we also have to think about conversion. This term refers to how to convert the leads we capture into customers. To do this, from Kala Agency we recommend you follow these marketing tips:
- Analyze the market and identify the audience you are interested in. To do this, it is very common to perform a complete analysis of the type of user that you think may be interested in your product or service, which is what is known as a buyer persona.
- Design and detail a complete marketing strategy in which you take into account each and every one of the channels: SEO positioning, SEM, social networks, newsletter and email marketing, and content…
- Nurture leads through what we called lead nurturing. In other words, offer them content with added value, either because it provides them with something different, or because it is personalized, or because it is adapted to their searches and information needs, and so on.
It will also be essential, as in everything that makes up digital marketing, that you measure the results of your actions.
This is the way you will be able to see how your different actions are working and, based on that, rectify them. Fortunately, the digital sector offers a wide variety of analytics tools.
At Kala Agency We Convert Your Leads Into Clients
By applying these recommendations we give you, it is more likely that you will be able to convert your leads into customers. However, it is understandable that right now you are extremely overwhelmed after reading all this text. This is normal and happens to many brands, whether they are large companies or even individuals. That’s why digital marketing agencies like Kala Agency exist.
The reality is that the sector is increasingly populated by agencies dedicated to digital marketing and lead generation for brands. However, the demand for these services is also growing and becoming more specialized, due to the professionalization of both the sector in general and its branches in particular.
At Kala Agency we have a multidisciplinary and complete team to offer you all kinds of digital marketing services. We know how to generate leads, build loyalty and monetize them, as you have seen when reading this article. And for this we use and exploit all digital channels:
- We work the brand reputation and digital identity of brands through SEO positioning in search engines and with SEM campaigns.
- We develop SEO strategies on Amazon and other marketplaces, as well as on platforms such as Youtube.
- We take care of the web design of your business, eCommerce, or form, also explaining strange concepts or unknown to you: what is a landing page and how useful it is, and what are the leads.
- We organize and manage your profiles through tailored marketing plans for social networks. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook… We know and master each and every one of them.
- We generate valuable and tailored content for your blog, your social networks, your newsletter, or any support you want.
And we could go on listing the many actions we carry out. That’s what it means to be a 360 digital marketing agency, as they say nowadays. A team of specialists with experience in different fields of the digital sector.
However, talking about how to get leads, there are many ones that can be used for certain websites, such as LinkedIn. If you wish to become a partner of Kala Agency and want to know us more in-depth, we invite you to contact us. We are waiting for you.