Original content is king. That’s how many businesses working daily in the digital environment understand it. And so do search engines. However, within the concept of content, there are several types: video, audio, and text.
Sticking to the latter, do you really know what to write original content on your website or blog? Who do you want to target? What disciplines should you master and in which ones does the writing of your texts have a greater impact?
At Kala Agency, we work on textual content from multiple perspectives. That’s why we want to help you with this article in which we answer all these questions about how and what to write in your online space.
What to Write to Make Your Audience Fall in Love?
Ever since writing was invented, texts have been a perfect communication tool. They are used to attract, advertise, persuade, sell, and transmit emotions. However, with the arrival of new technologies, web pages, blogs, social networks, etc., the impact they can have is even more significant. That is why knowing what to write is so important nowadays.
The sender of the message is the one who decides what to write, with what tone and format. However, what has changed is the receiver. Mainly because there is no longer only one audience in the online world.
Nowadays, when writing in any Digital Channel, you must do it for two different audiences:
- Your Target Audiences. Obviously, you must write for people, for users. Think about your potential customers. Of course, personalize your messages as Much as possible. Not all your readers are the same, nor do they have the same tastes and needs. For all these reasons, it is essential that you define your different target audiences well before thinking about what to write.
- Algorithms. Although it is true that you can reach users from anywhere on the planet in this new online scenario, you also have to attract the algorithms. Search Engines have their own, each Social Networks too.
That is why it is so important to follow the criteria established by each of them so that they consider your texts well and position you well in the eyes of the users. In turn, some areas of the digital world have become so important later. But, at the same time, Digital Marketing has become a tremendously relevant area for any business.
Agencies are increasing and it is increasingly difficult to find companies or freelancers who do not work their texts based on digital strategies.
Digital Disciplines in Which Copywriting Is Key
Likewise, although marketing has always existed, a new concept has been born: digital marketing. Under this umbrella have arisen several disciplines of the most diverse and in which writing is key. Areas such as those listed below:
- SEO: organic positioning in search engines (mainly Google).
- Social Networks: Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Email marketing: sending mass emails to subscriber databases.
- SEM: search engine positioning with paid ads through a bidding system.
- Copywriting: digital copywriting itself, in which what is known as persuasive copywriting has great weight and is transversal, so it is applied in any of the disciplines mentioned above.
All these branches are tremendously influenced by what you write and how you write it. But, at the same time, they are disciplines that evolve daily. That’s why the competition between brands to position themselves is increasingly greater and, in turn, more precise. This is essential in knowing what to write to impact and attract your audience.
How to Write Engaging Content?
Following the previous point, you must differentiate. It will be useless to write the same thing in any discipline. Therefore, when thinking about What to write, you should take into account certain guidelines.
Segment Your Audience and Write According to Each Audience
The first thing to remember is segmenting, which type of audience you are writing content for. The language, tone, and type of language you use according to the age and socioeconomic profile, technical terms in case the target knows the subject matter deeply.
Adapt to Each Channel and Combine With Other Formats
Writing a LinkedIn post is not the same as writing an Instagram post. Neither by extension, by topic, nor by the user you are targeting. Nor will the message of the meta description of your SEM campaigns be the same as that of your SEO titles, which will have to be very commercial.
Besides, written content, combined with audiovisual formats, tend to be more successful and more attractive. So adapt.
Write Original Content
If there is one thing that users value highly, it is new, original content that brings added value.
For this reason, search engines will also reward with better positioning those brands that offer natural texts. In fact, duplicate content is penalized. In addition, paraphrasing other articles are also frowned upon.
Structure and Prioritize Information
In digital newsrooms, it is still key to use the inverted pyramid. First, start writing the most important (the news, the problem you are solving for your clients, the general idea) and then develop from there.
In addition, using HEADERS helps to order your texts and also in the face of robots that crawl online texts. Therefore, we recommend you use them.
Lean on New Technologies and Tools
The human factor makes a difference when deciding what to write about. However, you can help yourself to find original content with new technologies to get ideas, make a better impact, make algorithms fall in love, and create innovative designs and formats.
We are referring, for example, to AI (Artificial Intelligence) or the use of plugins in CMS.
10 Tips for SEO-Optimized Blog Writing
If we talk about what to write in the digital world, one channel that offers the most benefits is the blog. We can confirm this at Kala Agency, where we work on digital marketing in general and a large number of SEO strategies. In fact, in the integrated marketing plans, we develop for our clients, the blog is always the protagonist.
It is a key tool for SEO positioning and a perfect space to inform and entertain users loyal to a brand. Studies like this by Hubspot show that 3 out of 5 people read blog texts before buying a product or service.
Now, how should you write an SEO-optimized blog? Here are ten tips based on our experience:
- Think about attracting both users (already customers and potential customers) and search engine robots. And, although it may seem obvious, make sure you know what you want to communicate and what you want to communicate about.
- Use keywords related to your service, brand, and sector in demand on the Internet. However, avoid overloading your texts with them (keyword stuffing), as this is penalized.
- Provide solutions, either with a product or service, advice and recommendations, manuals or guides… Your positioning in search engines will benefit and users will thank you for it.
- Headings are an ideal element to structure your texts for the users who visit you and, even more, for the robots that crawl your blog.
- Play with bold, tables, and bullet points. Combine and intersperse these elements in your paragraphs. This is the best way to write fluid texts and break a long, monotonous structure of running text.
- Include links to other texts related to the topic they deal with. Try to include links to your own content, although citing and linking to reliable external sources is also highly valued.
- Any backlinks strategy, well planned and especially internally, will help you to extend the navigation time and the number of pages viewed by users when they visit you. Therefore, the chances of conversion will increase.
- Metadata is key. Take advantage of the meta-title and meta-description to capture users by writing messages with a more commercial approach focused on getting people to click on your text and convert.
- Tags and categories. These are two other very useful fields to organize and relate your content to each other. You will be able to better organize and hierarchize all your texts.
- Take advantage of images and videos. They are elements that accompany texts well. In addition, you should also write titles, file names, descriptions, and alternative texts in which you can attack keywords that interest you at the SEO level.
- Get mentions, references, and external links. In SEO, the authority given to you by search engines and other brands in your sector is key.
Therefore, if you get to be cited and mentioned on other sites with a blog post of
yours, you will be gaining notoriety and improving your reputation.
Perhaps you feel that it is too much information all that has been written so far. Or that it’s something you can’t invest the time it requires. That’s where we, Kala Agency, come in.
A digital marketing agency specializing in all strategies, but with an important focus on SEO. The field where, surely, the most important thing is to know what to write and how to do it, while finding the best original content. Want to meet us and let us tell you more?