Maybe it sounds familiar to you or you associate it with SEO blog writing tools. Maybe you have tried implementing it as a marketing strategy in your digital business. Or, perhaps, although it is rare today, you have not yet read or heard anything about it. We are talking about a term of great relevance and popularity nowadays: search engine positioning. What does it mean? How does it work? And, another question that surrounds it and is not at all minor: what is the relationship between positioning and blogs? All this is what we reveal in this article. In addition, we show you how a blog helps a better positioning for your digital brand.
What Really Is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is an increasingly popular term that refers to how a brand and its content appear to users’ search engine questions. Therefore, we are talking about a marketing technique that millions of digital businesses adopt and use to make their products and services visible.
Search engines, among which Google is the world leader, show results from different websites for each user query. These results are ordered and categorized based on thousands of factors established by each search engine.
Therefore, brands work to adapt to these criteria and thus achieve a good positioning in search engines. The higher they appear, the more likely they will get visits and clicks.
These factors, in turn, vary and it is Google’s algorithm determines which page and content rank higher or lower. To do so, it tracks and indexes millions of pages. Its goal? To satisfy as closely as possible the search intention of each user.
However, although search engine optimization is mainly associated with SEO, it is not the only marketing channel where it works:
- SEO: as a tenth, it is the main way in which we talk about search engine positioning. Brands work with miles of strategies and actions to appear organically in the first pages of results (SERP) in response to queries made by users who consider their target audience.
- SEM: in it brands also work to achieve a good positioning in search engines. For many searches, SERPs show paid results and are positioned better or worse depending on how much they bid for certain terms.
But even if it is not organic, SEM is still another way to work on positioning in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others.
- Google MyBusiness: the third type of content that search engines show in their results pages and in which you can and should also work to achieve optimal brand positioning.
We refer to the tab that usually appears for local or nearby businesses, in which schedules, calendars, and basic and useful information are shown.
- Audiovisual platforms: lastly, search engines include links to audiovisual content in their results for very specific queries. A good example is YouTube videos and, if this is your case, raising them according to search engine criteria will improve your positioning for certain queries.
As you can see, the result of working on a good positioning in search engines will be reflected in the so-called SERP or results from letters. In them, the weight of SEO is the majority. But it is not the only channel through which brands are shown to users.
How to Position Yourself on Search Engines?
It is true that the acronym SEO (search engine optimization) refers to search engine optimization. However, as you have seen, there are other channels through which you can make yourself visible in the SERP. Therefore, as we recommend in this guide to effective brand positioning, explore them all.
To position yourself in the search engines you will have to work on thousands of aspects of your website. Design, development, navigability, user experience, content….There are thousands of factors that you will have to keep in mind when you think about how you want to position yourself. And all this with the EAT as the epicenter of your strategy:
- Experience: the seniority and success that a brand has accumulated on a topic and/or product.
- Authority: the relevance that a digital brand has to talk about a topic or to market products or services in a particular sector.
- Trust: the recognition given to a brand by users and companies in a sector.
These three terms make up the concept of eat. It is therefore essential that you have them very clear when working, especially in your SEO POSITIONING and in the contents of your website.
At the same time, optimizing your Google Mybusiness list, focusing your audiovisual content, and applying a profitable sem strategy will improve your visibility in the SERP.
The Advantages of Working on Google Positioning
What is clear is that you are either online or you are not. There are fewer and fewer businesses that do not have a digital strategy to boost their positioning on Google and other search engines. The reason? The multiple benefits it offers. The five main advantages that a good positioning will bring you will be:
- You can show yourself to customers from anywhere in the world in an instant.
- You show products and services and foster a direct relationship (what is called engagement) with both your existing and potential customers.
- It allows you to capture and attract good-quality web traffic.
- Helps other campaigns in other channels to be more effective.
- It reinforces your digital brand image in the eyes of users and search engines.
With many of these advantages, if not all of them, you can work with an optimal SEO positioning strategy. However, if you think about it, it is applicable to the rest of the channels and platforms that we have been mentioning throughout this article.
The Blog and Its Role in Search Engine Optimization
And at this point, you should know that there is a protagonistic player in search engine positioning: the blog. We could go on talking about specific actions in the Google MyBusiness listing, implementing SEM strategies, etcetera. In fact, in the integrated marketing strategies designed by Kala Agency, we work in this way.
However, we would like to focus on the relationship between blogs and positioning in Google and other search engines. Its importance as an SEO tool is paramount. And it is now, but also since the beginning of digital marketing. This is what we have proven, so there is no communication plan for our clients if we do not include it and work on it.
Why Is It Good to Generate Content?
For Google and other search engines, content is king. It is true that having a well-developed web design and pages that offer good user experiences is very important. However, the relevance of content remains paramount.
Therefore, an effective strategy to achieve a good positioning in search engines must have quality content. These:
- Provide added value to the user on a topic or product.
- They will keep your website updated for search engines and your audience.
- They will bring you closer and familiarize you with your audience since they allow you to communicate more than your products and services.
It is proven that the benefits of generating content are multiple, both for SEO in particular and for positioning in the SERP in general and through other channels.
What Should Be Taken Into Account When Generating Online Content?
Now, in the previous point, we talked about quality content. It is not enough to generate online content of any kind. A good strategy must be based on creating optimal content that meets the standards set by Google.
Therefore, it is essential that both your articles and your service and category pages follow certain patterns. Search engines, for good positioning, value content that, mainly:
- Be original, so you should avoid duplicates or copies. Also, avoid paraphrasing what you find on other web pages. These techniques, and the use of artificial intelligence chatbots, are penalized with falls in Google results.
- Be natural, that is, be written in a style that is pleasant for the user. For this reason, it is always advisable to rely on specialized SEO copywriters.
- Satisfies a search intent, that is, it should respond directly to what the user is specifically looking for with his query.
- Attack the keywords of your business and by which you want to connect with your customers, as long as you do it respecting the three previous points. An excess of keywords in content is also punished in terms of positioning (keyword stuffing).
In addition, we recommend that you generate content that is “easy to consume” for the user. For this, a very effective technique is to combine text with images and videos, as well as different elements such as tables, lists, etcetera.
You may now think that designing an SEO blog writing tool requires controlling many aspects, and this text is just a pill! That’s why there are digital marketing agencies like Kala Agency.
Professional companies understand what they need to attract customers and we know how to make them fall in love with them and the search engines themselves. This includes creating engaging articles, innovative Linkedin profiles, and engaging posts. Contact us and we will demonstrate it to you.