Content is a marketing powerhouse. It creates awareness, helps you establish yourself as an industry leader, generates quality leads, and increases the volume of traffic to your website – giving you a big return on investment.
As you can see, content really is king. It’s one of the reasons why many businesses in the B2B marketing landscape use content marketing to improve their reach.
Before we delve into the best content marketing tips you can use to elevate the growth of your business, let’s take a closer look at the definition of content marketing, as well as information on how it can benefit you.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is like advertising, except, it uses the power of words instead of visuals to tell a story. It connects with your digital marketing strategy to help you achieve your marketing goals and sales targets – at no additional cost!
How is that helpful, you ask?
Well, once a prospect makes their way to your website, they will need a little motivation to stay. Content marketing can help you with that.
To achieve success in this venture, you’ll have to post valuable, relevant content with consistency to provide value to your target audience. Only that will help you build your brand authority and establish yourself as a thought leader in the industry, which will build customer trust and loyalty and help you rank higher on Google SERPs.
Pro tip: The quality of your content will ensure client retention, but you will need to pair it with an equally engaging email marketing strategy to help your clients take the next step through the sales funnel without much prompting.
6 Reasons Why Content Marketing is King
Content marketing, whether it’s in the form of blogs, videos, or social media posts, is a wonderful tool used to entice prospects into checking out your business. It helps build brand trust and reputation while ensuring a good user experience.
Here are 6 reasons why you should invest your time in content marketing:
1. It Amplifies Your Content’s Reach on Social Media
Did you know your audience can work as an able brand representative?
That’s right! You can have a little influencer army without spending a buck!
All you have to do is create trendy, interesting, and relatable content, and your audience will do the heavy lifting by sharing your content across social media channels. This will not only help you build your reputation as a thought leader in the industry but will also give you the traction you need to improve your performance.
You can also generate stronger, more reliable results by using a combination of paid, owned, and earned media to enhance your reach and boost your online presence.
Pro tip: Tap into the power of influencer marketing and use relevant hashtags to get the right exposure and engagement rates for your content.
2. It Captures Your Audience’s Attention
We live in a world where 8 seconds is the average attention span.
Retaining your audience’s attention, then, can be quite a challenge.
It’s not impossible, though.
As long as you post great content that provides a good reading experience, you can capture the attention of your prospects and compel them to stick around. It’s the perfect way to get people to talk about your products and services to level up the expected success of your content marketing strategy.
3. It Can Generate Quality Leads for Sustainable Growth
Content marketing generates over three times as many leads as outbound marketing – while costing a whopping 62% less.
Posting the right content at the right time, to the right demographic can generate new visitors and quality leads for your sales team. You can create specific content for every step of the buying cycle to nurture your prospects’ requirements and meet their expectations.
You can also include CTA’s in your content to guide users to a landing page, paving the way for sustainable growth. Optimizing your web pages will help your content perform better in search engine rankings, which will indirectly help you connect with your next customer with ease!
4. It Can Influence Conversions
Posting informative content can influence conversions – which are known as the building blocks of your sales funnel – by giving your audience the information they need to make the purchasing decision.
For a finishing touch that has proven to be far more effective than plain text, use original graphics to drive more traffic and meet your marketing goals.
This procedure can take its sweet time to show any results, so make sure to monitor and use only what is working with your audience. Regular assessment can help you keep on top of your content strategy, driving conversion rates as much as 600%!
5. It Fosters Trust and Loyalty
Creating content that answers the audience’s attention and provides them with valuable answers can help you build a relationship with your audience – one that’s built on trust. This will help them view you as an expert in your industry, which can help them become your brand advocates for their families, friends, and followers.
You can also interact with your audience through DMs and comments to provide them with a positive association with your brand. This will also help you establish a positive brand reputation to encourage repeat sales.
Whatever content you decide to push, make sure it emphasizes your distinct identity. This will take some of the marketing load off your shoulders by reaching prospects who share the same core values and beliefs as your business.
6. It Will Increase Your Brand’s Visibility
Practicing good SEO to post consistent, high-quality content can improve your brand’s visibility and authority in your field. It will help you establish yourself as an industry expert, giving you the edge you need to rank higher on Google SERP.
Build high-performing content pillars to provide your visitors with comprehensive information on a subject in one place. Keep in mind that not all content strategies will resonate with your audience, so audit your content performance every couple of weeks to find the ones that work best for you.
The Ultimate Roundup Of the Best Content Marketing Tips to Ever Exist
Looking for a no-fail content strategy for your marketing plan? Try incorporating these content marketing tips to successfully reach your targeted audience and ensure long-term sustainable growth.
- Adopt a pillar-cluster model to connect all the topics together for a better reading experience.
- Create clear, concise, and relatable content to reach the right people. Prioritize creating long, in-depth posts to strengthen topical authority.
- Create video content to help prospects understand how a product/service works. This will drive on-the-fence prospects to make a purchase, all while encouraging customer retention and brand loyalty.
- Demonstrate what makes your company special and what sets it apart by creating content that distinguishes you in the ever-shifting business landscape.
- Keep your brand voice consistent across all distribution channels to make your brand identifiable. Viewers should read/watch your content and know it’s from you before they even look at the link of the post.
- Make sure your content links with the appropriate search intent, or it won’t attract prospects.
- Offer a top-tier user experience by optimizing your content across devices and social media channels. You should also take care to ensure accessibility by including captions in videos and alt-text for all images.
- Post content that will appeal to your ideal buyer persona. Targeting the right demographic is crucial, as it allows you to sell your products to prospects who will actually transform into paying customers in time.
- Repurpose your existing content to increase and maintain qualified traffic to your website. This will also allow you to use new keywords to stay relevant in your field.
- Use statistics and external links to strengthen your point and provide more information on the subject, ensuring better engagement.
Check Content Scoring
Are you posting quality content but not getting the desired results? Chances are, the quality of your content is not as stellar as you think it is.
To rectify that, check content scoring. Content scoring allows you to assess the quality of your content. How does it do that? By allowing you to measure the engagement of your content and improve your marketing performance to meet your business goals and objectives. It will also help you evaluate the engagement potential of your pieces – before you even post them – to help generate and convert valuable leads.
The beauty of content scoring is that it also allows you to offer great value to your audience as well. It improves the quality of your content to ensure better readability and performance, so you will need to measure and analyze your audience’s response to your content to ensure the success of your marketing campaign.
Using high-quality content in your digital marketing strategy will help you establish yourself as a credible business. If you’re not getting the reach you looked forward to, it’s time you do an audit of your current content strategy to find where you went wrong, then use tried and tested strategies to retain old clients and attract new ones.
Don’t know where to start? Talk to a representative from Kala today to improve your SEO content strategy and achieve your marketing goals.